Energy Efficiency provides improved comfort while lowering energy bills. New rules and regulations at federal, state,
and local levels have created stringent standards of energy usage and energy sources, and California has targeted aggressive
goals towards renewable energy. As individuals, we have many opportunities to participate in these goals through lower energy usage and onsite energy generation, and new products with improved aesthetics and functionality are being introduced on a regular basis.
- Maximize site conditions through proper design.
- Use of energy efficient windows, doors, and skylights and use of low-E insulated glass.
- Installation of high-efficiency furnace equipment (90% efficient and above).
- Use of whole-house ventilating systems instead of air conditioning.
- Installation of tankless, instantaneous water heaters.
- Installation of hot water loop systems which reduce water consumption.
- Installation of radiant floor heating systems.
- Encouraging the use of Photo Voltaic panels to generate electricity, placed to minimize the visual impact.
- Solar water heating.
- Installation of low-flow toilets and plumbing fixtures.
- Florescent, LED and dimmable lighting.
- Low energy use appliances.
- Upgraded insulation at floor, walls, and ceiling.